- This event has passed.
Art and Essay Contest Submission Deadline: May 31, 2022
Therapy and other mental health supports.
Mindfulness, self-care, and other wellness practices.
Exploring our emotions, both positive and negative.
Attitudes, beliefs, and stigma about mental health.
Relationship between physical and mental illness and wellness.
Impact of the pandemic on our mental health.
- Participants must submit their essays online at www.artandessay.org.
- Essays must be original, unpublished, and written by one student.
- Each student may submit only one (1) essay.
- We ask teachers to sponsor students and guide them. Submissions by students or parents without a teacher’s approval are not accepted.
- Each essay should be no more than 1000 words.
- Each essay should be written in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, Times New Roman font, size 12, and should not have any images in the document.
- Essays may be one of the following types: (1) Informative Essays, (2) Narrative Story, or (3) True Story.
- The top three places and five mentions for each category of participants will have their names published on our website and will receive their prizes at the award ceremony.
- Each submission will be judged on the basis of the following criteria: (1) grammar, (2) uniqueness, (3) writing style and flow, and (4) understanding of the theme and its implementation in the piece.
- Each submission must include the student’s name, email, grade level, school name, sponsoring teacher’s name, and email.
- Participants automatically consent to their work being used and copied by Peace Islands Institute for promotional and/or informational purposes.