Fall/Spring Internship Application
Dear prospective interns,
We are thrilled to announce our Fall/Spring internship program at the Peace Islands Institute, where you will have the opportunity to assist our members in upcoming events and contribute to our mission of promoting peace, love, respect, humanity, integrity, welfare, and understanding.
As an intern, you will be involved in a range of tasks, including:
- Assisting in event planning and coordination
- Conducting research and analysis on various topics related to our mission
- Developing and executing social media campaigns
- Writing and editing content for our website and publications
- Engaging with community members and stakeholdersThrough these tasks and more, you will gain valuable experience working with an established NGO and make a meaningful impact in promoting peace and progress in our society.To apply for our fall/spring internship program, please visit our website and submit your application NOW.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and assist the NGO members in upcoming events. You will help with tasks such as video editing, creating flyers, taking photos, updating our website with new content, conducting research, drafting correspondence and proposals, and assisting in planning donor events and other activities.
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an undergraduate student or 11th and 12th recent graduate.
- The ability to communicate and work respectfully with diverse community groupsvarying by age, religion, denomination, and ethnicity.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with multiple media such as video editing, photography, graphicdesign.
We are excited to offer internships in three distinct categories: Interfaith Dialogue, Digital Media and Marketing, and Research and Writing. Applicants will be able to choose their preferred category after discussing it with the intern manager.
- ➢ We are seeking individuals who possess the necessary skills and knowledge for their preferred category. If you are interested in Digital Media and Marketing, you should have basic knowledge of WordPress and web skills. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, the ability to record and edit videos in iMovie, and familiarity with Canva and similar online platforms are also essential.
- ➢ For those interested in the Research and Writing category, we are looking for individuals with strong research and writing skills. Additionally, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively are highly valued.
- ➢ If you are interested in the Interfaith Dialogue category, we are looking for individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work respectfully with diverse community groups varying by age, religion, denomination, and ethnicity is essential.We encourage motivated candidates that are excited to learn and grow to apply. All internships are unpaid positions. A minimum of 120 hours are required to complete the internship program and positions are available only for high school 11th – 12th grade or undergraduate students. You will need to complete your hours by May 1st, however some urgent tasks may need to be completed immediately upon request.In addition to the requirements and responsibilities of our Fall/Spring internship program, to be eligible for certification, we want to remind all prospective interns that they will be required to acknowledge and get their hours signed by the intern manager. This is important to ensure that you receive credit for the work you do during the internship and to provide evidence of your participation and commitment.
We understand that internships are a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop new skills, and we want to ensure that our interns get the most out of their time with us. By acknowledging and getting your hours signed, you will have the documentation needed to demonstrate your commitment and hard work to future employers or academic institutions.
APPLICATION ➡ Click Here!
We look forward to hearing from you and working together to create a more peaceful and
Peace Islands Institute | 2003